Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Happy New Year!

January 4, 2016
     Wow it was a tremendous week for me and Elder Carmichael! I hope everyone had a happy New Year!! This was probably the first year in quite a while where I didn't stay up til midnight... And I was completely fine with it. We didn't really receive any counsel that we "weren't allowed" to stay up til midnight, but the basic rule of retiring to bed at 10:30 is still in place. I know Elder Williams and Elder Scholz were in their beds, but still stayed up, but Elder Carmichael and I were just too tired and didn't feel that it was worth it. Getting up at 6:30 already feels too early as it is! But regardless, I am still excited for 2016, it will be a great year! 2016 will be the only year I can say I am full-time representative of the Lord for the whole year, how cool is that? And plus now I can say I go home next year! :) 
     Elder Carmichael and I have been blessed to do a lot of teaching lately! There are loads of new people we have found and a few solid people that we are continuing to work with. So I had said that last week that we had 2 new Brazilians at church. They are both really great!! One is named Maria, and the other is Euler (it has a really strange pronunciation that sounds German). Unfortunately they were both quite busy all week long, and we weren't able to meet with them to teach them, but Euler came to church again this week! And it was such a wonderful sacrament meeting! There was a member there from Brazil who is visiting for a couple weeks, and she bore part of her testimony in Portuguese, which was really good for Euler I think because he is still learning English. And he seemed to really love church and asked if he could bring his wife next week. So hopefully he will have some time this week that we can meet with him, and help progress and not just come to church (although we are really thrilled with that). 
     We are also really pleased that Victoria was able to be confirmed this week! It made sacrament meeting just that much better! She seems to becoming a lot more comfortable with more of the members also, which is great. She will be such a great addition to the branch.
     It was fortunate that we were able to do so much teaching this week also because there has been SOO much rain! I am sick of the rain! We can count on it pretty much every day at some point and I can't remember the last time I have seen the streets dry without pools of water everywhere. It seems like they would have found out how to help prevent flooding in Ireland by now, but unfortunately it isn't so. But that's winter in Ireland and despite the weather, we are in great spirits and very happy. Galway is just such a great place to be. I am happy to be starting 2016 here! I think it is important to remember that no matter what has happened in the past- success or lack of- that we continue to move forward working hard and with faith. I love Luke 9:62 "And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God." Elder Carmichael and I are ready to continue to move forward with our eyes set on future success. So many great opportunities are in store for us.


No comments:

Post a Comment