Monday, March 14, 2016

Another Busy Week

Monday, March 14, 2016
`Well it was quite another busy week for me and Elder Cook. Glasgow is so incredible! I feel like there is never enough time during the day to accomplish everything we need to get done. But I love keeping busy! We were able to teach quite a lot again this week! I believe we were top of the mission again this week for investigator lessons taught. However, lessons doesn't matter a whole lot unless we can get our friends to progress and come to church. 

     Aside from teaching and finding so many new people this week, we had a big leadership training in Edinburgh on Wednesday. All the zone leaders and district leaders in Scotland were there, so there were a few missionaries from the MTC that I was really happy to see that I hadn't seen since I started my mission. The training was really good as well- I always love hearing counsel from President Donaldson and the Assistants. Elder Cook and I were also asked to present a 45 minute training on urgency as a part of it, and we felt like it went pretty well! 

     I went on exchanges with Elder Jameison this week, who is from Canada. He just started training a new missionary, named Elder Devainis who is a convert from Lithuania. I had a good day with Elder Jameison, and I am excited to exchange with Elder Devainis next transfer as well because he is a hard worker and has such a great testimony as a 3-year convert. He gave up like everything to go on a mission. 

     On Saturday night, we had about 11 people lined up who said they would be able to come to church, however we woke up Sunday morning, with loads of texts from people saying they wouldn't be able to make it, so that was disappointing because we only ended up having 2 investigators there, but it was still good! 

     I saw Mykayla Skinner (MyKayla was there for the World Cup
Gymnastic Competition-where she won the gold!) on the street on Sunday evening! It was the craziest thing!! We were just out on the street stopping people to talk to them, and then all of a sudden this girl starts walking towards us and I had to make a double take because I was so surprised! What are the chances of seeing someone from back home in such a big city as Glasgow?! But it was so nice to see her. Small world!! 

     We have a pretty busy week ahead with taking care of our zone interview training on Wednesday, and exchanges with the Assistants in Edinburgh on Saturday. But it will be another good week for sure!! 




P.S.  Oh and I also just found out that someone who I found my last week in Galway and who I taught and set with a baptismal date my last day in Galway, just got baptized!! His name is Innocent, and is from Malawi. I will send a baptismal photo next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment