Monday, April 18, 2016

Fresh start after moves week

   
Elder Villanueva- New companion
      Wow what a wild week it was at the start! Of course it was moves week, which made things very busy for us at the start of the week. Moves day has been changed to Tuesday, so things started getting crazy right off the bat. Someone transferring from the Shetland Islands to Ireland left Sunday night and arrived in Glasgow on Monday night, so we had to pick him up and help him into another missionary flat for the night. I didn't get much sleep Monday night because I was up pretty late finalizing the moves plans, and Elder Cook was up packing. We had to get up at 4am to start picking up missionaries and taking them to train stations and what not. All of Tuesday was pretty crazy for me! It was a really big transfer! There were probably at least 40 missionaries leaving from, coming into, or passing through Glasgow on Tuesday, and Elder Cook left for Dundee before 8:30, so it left quite a lot for me to do! My new companion Elder Villanueva didn't get in until 3:30 from Aberdeen, so after that time it helped a bit. I collapsed on my bed Tuesday night after so much to do- and I even wore my glasses for a few days following moves day because I was pretty tired.

     But things have been really good!!! Despite a crazy start, Elder V and I have been working really hard! Elder V is from Austin, Texas and has about 6 months left of his mission. I love being with him; he is a really fun missionary, and I think we will get along really well. Although, it was sad to say goodbye to Elder Cook- he was such an incredible companion to be with. So it's been a fresh start for us as well... The last week Elder Cook was here we had to drop a lot of investigators, or they dropped us, and so it's been a bit of a rebuilding. We had one really, really solid girl named Rhianna, who we had just found a couple weeks ago and had been taught by missionaries in Northern Scotland before. She came to conference and church, and really wanted to be baptised!! However, she moved into a new flat... which isn't in our area... and not even in our zone!! It's weird how the boundaries work, but a portion of southern Glasgow is in Paisley zone/stake, not Glasgow. She moved in there, so we had to pass her to the other Elders there. So that was kind of sad because she was soooo good!! But we have found a lot of really great people this week and have loads of new investigators to work with. We still did lots of teaching despite everything we needed to get done. Oh and I am also the new designated driver for our car, so that's pretty exciting! It's going to be strange driving on the right side of the road when I come back home. Oh and this transfer is actually a bit longer than usual- it will be 7 weeks rather than 6, so I will be here in Glasgow all the way through May. I am so excited!! 


     The zone has so many incredible missionaries here as well. It's so great being around Elder Carmichael again! We are serving in the same ward, and we see each other a lot, so I love it! He will do so well here in Glasgow! There were a lot of changes in the zone, but I think they will all be really beneficial! Exciting times! 
Elder Tang- going home (Glasgow zone)

No comments:

Post a Comment