Monday, April 4, 2016

Baptism, Conference and MLC

John, newest member in Glasgow
Monday, April 4, 2016
       Wow I can't believe how crazy busy it was this week!! I feel like I say that every week, but it really was this week again.

     On Tuesday, I went on exchanges with Elder Cropper, from California. He is only been out about 2 months, so it was a lot of fun being with a relatively new missionary. He is really good for being so young though, I was impressed with his missionary skills and we had a good day!

     On Wednesday, John got baptised!!!!! Wow, what an incredible day it was. John had to overcome a lot of difficulties to get to where he is and to be comfortable with his decision. He said it was such a peaceful feeling, and the baptismal service was just perfect! I am so proud of John- one of the most incredible people I have met. He will be such a great addition to the ward!
Baptism Day



     On Thursday, we had the Mission Leadership Council (MLC) in Edinburgh, which included all the zone leaders, the AP's, and Sister Training Leaders. It was a great experience trying to help the mission move forward to have greater success. We had a great council and Elder Cook and I began forming a plan out of it to help our zone specifically achieve really great things!! 

     On Friday, we had our zone Leadership council, where Elder Cook and I gathered all the district leaders in our zone to council together and finalize a plan for our zone. We feel really good about the plan we have and that it will help all the missionaries in our zone achieve their potential. We have a high emphasis on mastering Preach My Gospel, being accountable, and being Christ-like.

    Saturday and Sunday of course were General Conference!! Soooo many great talks again! We watched the Saturday morning session live on Saturday evening, and then watched rebroadcasts of the Priesthood session and Saturday afternoon session on Sunday, along with watching the live session of the Sunday morning session. Sadly, we were unable to watch the Sunday afternoon session, which I was disappointed by because I heard Elder Kearon gave a GREAT talk, and I met him twice at our two All-Ireland conference in December. Conference was incredible!! I don't have my notes with me right now, but there were so many great talks I liked. The first talk of the conference by Henry B. Eyring was so powerful though!! I got a lot out of all the sessions, I especially felt a strong theme of charity and love that came from the talks. Nothing beats General Conference as a missionary!! :) Oh and we were able to bring 7 of our investigators to church to watch conference, between all 4 of the sessions. And John was with us to watch 3 of them- he loved conference as well!


     We were able to teach a LOT again this week!! There are soooo many great people we are working with. There are a few scheduled for baptism at the end of April, so we are looking forward to hopefully seeing a few of our friends enter into covenants with Heavenly Father.
Birthday package finally arrived (after 3 trips across the Atlantic)

No comments:

Post a Comment