Tuesday, July 12, 2016

New Transfer , Heather's baptism


Monday July 11, 2016
Wow what a great week it's been! I have really enjoyed my time with Elder Stevens thus far. He is a really hard worker and we get along great. He is very smart, and has aspirations to be a doctor like me and we have a similar vision with what we want to accomplish as missionaries, so I think we will get along great! He is from Southeast England, right by the London temple, and has been on his mission just 3 months longer than me. 

And what greater way to begin the transfer than with a baptism!! This week, our friend Heather was baptised on Saturday, and confirmed on Sunday. Heather was originally taught in Dundee by other Elders, and then when she moved back to Glasgow for summer some other Elders in our ward started teaching her. She had been to church several times, so I already knew her. However, with moves last week, 4 out of the 6 missionaries in our ward left, including the 2 that were teaching Heather, so she asked me if I would continue to teach her. So Elder Stevens and I taught her this week and made all the preparations for her baptism on Saturday. I had the privilege of baptising and confirming Heather. She has such an incredible testimony, and she was even asked to bear testimony on Sunday right after her confirmation- it was amazing! So I am so grateful I had the opportunity to be a part of her conversion, even if it wasn't largely until the week before she was baptised.
Elder Stevens (new companion), Heather, me at her baptism
Things are going so well at the moment!! We got a lot of great new Elders and Sisters to the zone! Glasgow city now has the most missionaries serving in it out of all the cities in the mission!! There are 7 companionships that cover the 2 wards that cover Glasgow city, so I suppose President Donaldson really trusts that there is a lot of potential here! I believe over the last 6 weeks, Glasgow has had the most baptisms of any zone, so I am grateful for all the hard work the missionaries have put in here. I am so grateful for all the missionaries, members, and people I am teaching here in Glasgow at the moment. There are so many great people here!

It was quite a busy week at the beginning trying to take care of all the moves that happened, but I think things went pretty smoothly for the most part. I lost quite a bit of sleep from Monday to Wednesday from how early I had to wake up to start moving missionaries around, but things got a bit more relaxed by the end of the week. There was a bit more stress added trying to organize everything for the baptism, but everything worked out wonderfully! We've had a few more people that have dropped us, or for whatever reason have lost contact with, so for the most part we are starting pretty fresh. However, Lisa is still doing so great! She came at the tail end of Heather's baptism, and we had some great lessons with her where she really felt the Spirit strongly and recognised it!
Lisa at a Fireside a couple weeks ago with Elder V and me
We are setting up her baptismal interview this week, and we are looking at the the following weekend for her baptism. We are so excited for her and all the changes she has made in her life recently!

Things are going great and I am excited for this transfer ahead! Glasgow is the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment