Monday, September 26, 2016

Laura's Baptism!!! and New Companion

Laura was baptised by Elder Rullis on Wednesday and I confirmed her a member of the Church on Sunday. 

Monday, September 26, 2016

So I don't have much time right now because of all the moves planning going on- it's sooo busy being here in Edinburgh! But it's been such a good week! Lots of big news... So Elder Tullis is leaving Edinburgh, and is moving to be Limerick zone leader based in Cork, and my new companion will be Elder Peacock, who is from England. Elder Peacock has been out 8 months and is a brand new zone leader, so I will be training him to be a zone leader. I have met him a couple times and have heard good things about him, so I am so excited! It's going to be a great transfer. 

Laura got baptised this week!!!! It was absolutely amazing!! She was beaming. Elder Tullis baptised her on Wednesday, and I had the opportunity to confirm her on Sunday at church, so I was very privileged! And she invited President Donaldson to be a part of the confirmation, so I got to confirm someone with my mission president in the circle as well- such a cool experience! She is still getting a very tough time from her parents, but she has no regrets and is just so happy all the time. It was incredible to be a part of her conversion.



Edinburgh is doing so well and I love it here! Keith is still doing really well and has been taught almost all the commandments, and really enjoyed church again. He is having a little bit of opposition from his family also, but he has already grown so much in his faith, so I don't think it will stop him. We have a lot of other great people we are working with also. John, who is 11 and isn't baptised will be getting baptised October 9th- his dad is refellowshipped now, so everything is set! We are pretty excited.

In other cool news, on Saturday I had to drive 2 hours to Dumfries, to interview a candidate for baptism named Miles. He was amazing and it was a privilege being able to see the faith that he has developed. And then I had a 2 hour drive back as well... So it was a lot of driving, but it was beautiful scenery driving through the borders of Scotland. Dumfries is right on the Scottish-English border.

Well it's going to be a realllly busy week again, with all the missionaries moving through Edinburgh, so it should be fun!! we'll see what happens.


No comments:

Post a Comment