Monday, March 20, 2017

New Transfer

My new companion, Elder Butler

Monday, March 20, 2017
Well, I guess this is the beginning of the end! I feel pretty confident that I am in my last area with my last companion. We will have one more moves call on April 15th because this is a 5 week transfer, but I think it is almost guaranteed that I will stay here til the end. I am excited though! A miracle is about to take place here. Elder Butler is young and full of energy and really excited to learn and work hard, so he is a great companion for me to finish with. Things are going so well for our area and zone, we are just anticipating so many great things.

Aberdeen City missionaries

Not too many exciting events this past week, just a lot of great opportunities to find and teach people. I am in a really natural mode right now of working hard and helping Elder Butler learn a lot of skills and qualities, so it is fun for me. 

We have several friends that are doing quite well. Our friend Ivar who has been investigating for months is finally making some crucial steps. He has been reading the Book of Mormon quite a lot and has received quite a lot of answers. He finally feels comfortable with all the baptismal interview questions, so we scheduled a baptismal interview for him and now it is just about integrating him into the ward so he feels comfortable there. We have a lot of faith that he will be baptised in April, so we are really excited. Simone is also doing well, but has gone home to Sheffield this week for a few days. She seems to be under a lot of pressure from some close family/friends who have had negative comments to say about the church, so it is a bit worrying as she has progressed so much and we have seen so much happiness in her as she has learned more. We have a few other people that are doing quite well also, but it has been a real struggle recently to get people to come to church, so that will be a big focus for us now.

We had this really cool ward variety/talent show on Saturday which was really fun. Our recent convert Lewis performed and it was incredible. I knew he studied music at his college and sometimes performed some gigs, but I had no idea how great of a singer he was. He was probably the best act at the show because he sang so powerfully, it was amazing! So that was a really cool experience.


Well we are excited for a fun week ahead.
Shore by Dunnotar Castle 











No comments:

Post a Comment