Monday, April 3, 2017

Birthday Week and General Conference

Monday, April 3, 2017

So it has been a pretty eventful but also strange week, with a few unexpected things happening. So Tuesday it was my birthday of course, and it was a spectacular day! We had a district meeting, and then celebrated with root beer floats afterward.


 I was on an exchange with Elder Grabe from Denmark the rest of the day, and we had a lot of fun. My companion and all the Aberdeen city missionaries surprised me for dinner with pizza and cake to celebrate my birthday so it was so nice of them.



Surprise district pizza dinner !
We met with our Brazilian investigator Lahna on Tuesday as well and she knew it was my birthday so she made me a Brazilian dessert, it was so good! Definitely a great 20th Birthday!

So the rest of the week was a bit strange. Elder Butler was a bit ill on Wednesday, so I had to split with the district leader for Aberdeen city, Elder Carlisle and I had to cover all the appointments in both our areas that day, while his companion stayed with Elder Butler. Then on Friday we meant to have an exchange with the Elders from Invergordon (highlands), so they came in on Thursday night, but one of them got really sick over night, so I had to stay with him on Friday while his companion and Elder Butler went out. I think it was the first day of my mission staying in, but it was okay because I had to time to catch up on some paperwork and contacting people, so it was good.

Then obviously we had general conference on Saturday and Sunday!! We got to watch the Saturday morning session live on Saturday evening, and then saw Saturday afternoon, Priesthood, and Sunday morning on Sunday. So many great talks!! I especially liked the opening talk from President Eyring, the talk from Elder Ballard about goals and plans, Elder Rasband's about Spiritual promptings, and Elder Oaks' talk about the Godhead! So many talks were really inspiring for me as my mission comes to a close as I have set many goals to ensure that I finish strong and as I transition to go home. 

Our friends Ivar and Bob were able to come to a session of conference, and I think they really enjoyed it! They are both working to be baptised in the coming month. We also met some other really great people this week. We started teaching this man named David who is so incredibly prepared . He has read so much about Christianity but has never really felt a part of any church, he said he has been wanting to coming to our church for a while as it is near him. We taught him the Restoration which he had never heard before, and he loved it and thought it made perfect sense, so he agreed to be baptised and we are really excited to see him again! 


Things are going really well and I am excited for my last 2 months.

Buffet birthday lunch with some of my district and ward members.

No comments:

Post a Comment