Monday, April 24, 2017

Moves week, Last MLC

Saying goodbye to Elder Butler as he leaves for Ireland
Monday, April 24, 2017

      So the new transfer has officially begun. What a crazy way to start it out. There has been loads going on this entire week. From Monday to Friday, missionaries were moving in and out of Aberdeen every day. It was a really weird schedule this week with new missionaries arriving on Wednesday, leadership training for missionaries entering leadership was on Wednesday, and Moves day was officially on Thursday which was the same day as our Mission Leadership council. So Elder Butler was in Aberdeen still until Thursday morning, but with extra missionaries around in Aberdeen, I went with a different missionary every day doing missionary work and handling missionaries' moves as they came in and out. To get to MLC in Edinburgh, a missionary in Aberdeen traveling to Glasgow drove me to Dundee on Wednesday night where I stayed with the Dundee zone leaders, and then the 3 of us drove to Edinburgh on Thursday morning. My new companion, Elder Crawley I met in Edinburgh at MLC. So this was my last MLC, which was really sad. I got to say goodbye to a lot great missionary friends and former companions. It was a strange feeling when they talked about actions to take that we'll follow up with the next meeting or how to prepare for the coming months or things like that, but me thinking in my head that I won't be here for that. There are so many aspects of missionary work and people here that I will miss. It was a very powerful meeting though and I love hearing President Donaldson's testimony. 

Elder Parsons at MLC

Catching up with Elder Peacock
     So Elder Crawley and I drove back to Aberdeen on Thursday afternoon after MLC. We are getting along so well. This has probably been the smoothest transition for a companion I have ever had. We have been on exchanges in the past, know each other quite well, and he has experience as a zone leader in 2 other zones already also. We have the same desires and work ethic and it is just great! I don't feel too much pressure and don't have too many worries. I think it is going to be a great way to end my mission. We have a lot of fun plans for this coming transfer! We are taking another trip to the Orkney islands this transfer for 3 days beginning May 7th!! Our last trip to Orkney was very successful... ready for this huge miracle story?? When I was street contacting in Kirkwall last time I was in Orkney, like the very first person I spoke to was a lady named Kerry. I was able to set up an appointment with her to meet with the Orkney Elders the next week. They have been teaching her the last 2 months and she got baptised on Saturday!! She has a husband who is becoming more open and 2 young kids also. She has developed an incredible testimony apparently and is a huge help to the small branch there. So exciting to amazing miracles like that. We also have two exchanges in Edinburgh this transfer (one this week actually). So there is so much to look forward to this transfer.


Our area is doing pretty well. Our friend Ivar came to church for all three hours for the first time yesterday and he seemed to really love it! He is making a lot of progress, and we are praying that his wife's heart will soften so he can be baptised. Our friend Fiona who we have been teaching for several months has been making more strides as well. We had a really powerful lesson with her on Friday where she recognised the Spirit, and is scheduled for baptism next month. We have found a couple of new people recently also, which we are excited about. I feel really pleased with how things have been going recently. I know there are great miracles in store for the last few weeks of my mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment